Thursday, March 12, 2009

Inspired by St. Patrick's Day

Make "pot o' gold" biscuits!
Okay, it's a bit of a stretch really but this biscuit alteration is soooo yummy, especially if you halve them and smear a bit of butter & garlic to make a garlic bread biscuit. So good!

All you need to do is take your favorite biscuit recipe and add two cups of cubed sweet potatoes, steamed, along with some chopped chives or other green bits like parsley and/or cilantro. I used all three. Mix it all up and bake in muffin cups for a savory, hearty holiday snack. This batch also has carmelized onions and parmesan cheese. It's like a meal in the palm of your hand!I've done this with both baking powder biscuits and a savory muffin recipe like this one, which is from this awesome book. Involve your tots in the mixing and make green collages while you wait for them to bake.

2 comments:

  1. A meal in the palm of your hand...I love it! I don't have any sweet potatoes though...I wonder if I could roast or nuke some cubed butternut squash and use that instead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm ... they look scrumdilly'icious. I like the garlic butter idea too.

    ReplyDelete